I am so sleepy! After having a wonderful weekend with friends and a little break from the kids for me and the hubby, it was time to get back to my housewife duties. Yesterday, I was busy busy. It was Halloween and I had to prepare for the family to stop by and see the boys in their costumes. It's always hard for me to wake up every morning but especially if it's a Monday. I got the boys up, got them out the door and the oldest off to school. Some mornings I have to have breakfast and just anything won't do! So, me and little man made our usual trip to Hardee's for our breakfast....egg & cheese, sweet tea and a plain biscuit (because he would rather have this than hash browns!). He IS my child! Anyway, we came home, ate our breakfast, and I did my usual fb "stalking", loading pictures and pinning. Soon it was already 10:00 and I knew my house needed to be cleaned. I started with the kitchen (only cause it's the first thing and only thing most company sees). While cleaning, I ended up in the garage due to my OCD and feeling that "watch me clean this kitchen and this afternoon Rob or the boys will track dirt in here!". Time was flying by and I HAD to vacuum. Finally started on the vacuuming around 12ish and didn't finish that until after 3....because, every 5 minutes I had to stop and tell the little one, "pick up these toys" or "stop playing with the pile of clothes that need to be folded" or hear "mommy I have to poo poo and I'm done" or "mommy I'm ready to eat now". Kids, they just never understand how important it is to finish something or how tired you already are, LOL. After hanging and folding almost all the clothes, it was 4:50. I dressed the little one in his pants and shirt for his costume, jumped in the shower for 10 minutes, painted a mouse nose on the little one's while trying to get ready in the bathroom and went to welcome the in-laws.
They each got a bag of Halloween goodies (coloring book, markers, starbursts), then after completing their costumes, we went outside for pictures.
Mickey Mouse & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
We left the house around 6:00, headed out to get supper first but after talking to my aunt Jo, we agreed we'd better go trick or treating first. Thank goodness we did because the neighborhood was packed with people and all the candy was gone by 7:30! I have a feeling it won't be long before Grove Park puts a gate up with a code to get in....I think they need it! I was shocked at the amount of people that go in there and they walk around these children smoking cigarettes and throw trash in peoples yards!! So disrespectful. Anyway, we enjoyed it this year! We park and walk 2 or 3 blocks...the boys get free candy and mommy and daddy get some exercise!
I got to visit my friends, Ciara and Jessi. They were giving out candy so we hung out there for a little while to talk and rest.
We finally left and headed to get supper. I hate we have to eat fast food so much but on a night like this, it was a must. It's late, it's a school night, the kids are pooped and they need to be fed as well as Rob and myself. We drove through Xaxby's, YUM, and headed home. You think that would be it but it doesn't end there. After supper, bath time, bedtime and preparing lunch for the oldest for school, me and Rob finally get to sit down and enjoy a little TV and rest. I finished picking up all the costume accessories, candy bags and wrappers, and trash from supper and went to bed at midnight....I'm always the last one in bed but it's alright. A mother's job is never ending, right?
*****Night night little one*****
we were passing out candy in grove park but didn't see u guys... :(
ReplyDeleteThe kids look really cute. I like that the dogs costume matched yours.I have a post on my blog of a gingerbread house your kids can decorate online. If you would like . Its a few post down just scroll down.
ReplyDelete